Designed by Fabio Fantolino, Lagrange House is located in the heart of the city of Turin. Two apartments in one inhabited by mother and son, perceived as a single space that may be divided allowing each to preserve a sense of individual personality and independence. Photography by Giorgio Possenti
The internal design is inspired by the styles of the 1950’s and 1970’s, each a contamination of the other.
The hand-sanded Hungarian oak herringbone flooring sets the scene forthe entire project. Some items are found in both apartments: the handles, the round table in the dining area.
The mother resides in the larger apartment, which is elegant and sophisticated thanks to the richness of the materials used, the marble, the fabric and the highly polished steel features.
The flavour of the 1950s finds its greatest expression in the living area which, apart from its elegance offers different areas of expression. The conversation area is developed around a Minotti Freeman Tailor sofa, featuring a rigorous cotton titanium-coloured fabric and a double-stitched linearmotif, typical of the 1950’s, contrasting with soft elements such as carpets, De La Cuona pale pink velvet-covered armchairs with Bowl by Mater tables at their sides. The study area has a walnut desk, softened by the light from an Aballs T by Parachilna suspension Lamp. The Calacatta gold marble table surrounded by dark velvet Verpan chairs with a black structure is in the centre of the dining area, illuminated by the warm light from a black Tango lamp from the Phanto collection.